>> Using a gnus function to find the header instead should work.  I
>> forget the function to use though.

> There is none, as far as I can tell: the header structure used doesn't
> store all headers, only some of them, and there's no way to get at the
> other headers without laying out the article afresh (using
> `gnus-request-article' in a temporary buffer).

I don't think you need to do that.  Gnus stores the raw article in
gnus-original-article-buffer.  I've used that myself in some
situations, notably for setting up reply buffers with posting styles
and for having gnus-move-split-methods take a look at a Received
header.  Haven't tried it with a bbdb hook but perhaps it would work
for you.

--
Dave Goldberg