nix> There is none, as far as I can tell: the header structure used
nix> doesn't store all headers, only some of them, and there's no way
nix> to get at the other headers without laying out the article afresh
nix> (using `gnus-request-article' in a temporary buffer).

Actually, I think the function might be gnus-extra-header to pull it
and you simply have to put it in gnus-extra-headers and
possibly nnmail-extra-headers to record it into the default list of
headers to think about.