On August 8, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> [-]
> stuff.  IMHO, none of this stuff should be executed in a mode hook,
> but on load of the mode file.

What you have to bear in mind is that much of this code predates
things like advice (and possibly eval-on-load), and has not
significantly changed since it was written for emacs 18. In
particular, bbdb-vm and bbdb-gnus tend to be the most up-to-date
sections as they're what I and one of the other main contributors use
on a daily basis. I'm looking at changing this situation somewhat, but
I'm not making any promises up front! If you wish to contribute
patches, etc. feel free to do so bearing in mind that whatever you
contribute needs to work on both Emacs and XEmacs. BBDB is allegedly
baselined against Emacs 19, but I don't entirely believe that's true
any more, and there's a lot of v18 cruft in there that really needs to
go, but the bottom line is that I can't accept code that doesn't at
least work in current (released, not CVS) versions of both emacs
flavours.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.
"I have a problem compiling the brainsplat module under the pre-sliced option