Hello

I have a strange problem. I have intalled on a old Laptop
Kubuntu and have used the usual XEmacs configuration.
However when I try to save my .bbdb I now receive and error
message I attach below.

In my standard .bbdb file I have the following first line
;; -*-coding: iso-8859-1;-*-
however for some reason XEmacs wants to use
iso-2022-7bit coding and deletes the content of my .bbdb file.
When I try to generate a new one the same coding problems occurs.

I am not aware to have changed any coding so I am really puzzled.

Could somebody help me please

thanks

Uwe Brauer