Roland, thank you for your work.  I'd like to package your version of
BBDB as `bbdb3' and put it in the Emacs GNU ELPA package repository.
I'd like to call it `bbdb3' because your version is pretty different
from BBDB 2.x and thus users will expect those changes when they
install it.  Would all of that be OK with you?

I'll use the http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bbdb CVS repository and
synchronize from it daily; the GNU ELPA repo lives at
bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/elpa/

Thanks
Ted