On Mon Apr 11 2011 Sam Steingold wrote:
> I started using bbdb about 15 years ago and I accumulated a fairly large
> .bbdb file.  Some records there are not relevant to me all that much (a
> coworker from 10 years ago), so, on one hand, I do not want to remove
> the record (or its parts, like address, phone, birthday &c), and, on the
> other hand, I do not want that record to be printed out or that birthday
> mentioned in my diary.  How about a "current" or "relevant" note which
> will specify just that - that the record is to be printed and its
> anniversaries mentioned in the diary?

Sounds like a good idea!  This should be a small thing to add and
I'll think about an efficient solution.

> Also, people's e-mail addresses become obsolete every now and
> then. Removing those addresses is not really an option because
> they are needed when you read those old messages helpfully
> archived on gmane.org; but having them complete in the To: field
> does not make sense either. How about a new notes field (I use
> old-net) which would do just that: used for matching records
> against mail messages but not for mail address completion?

I understand your point! -- This requires an efficient /
customizable scheme that specifies under which circumstances bbdb
should use only the new mail addresses or all of them.

I'll think about this! It's on my list of feature requests for bbdb.