On Mon Apr 25 2011 Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I'd personally even prefer if fields work as "sexp", so I can just use
> M-C-SPC to mark a few fields and then M-w to copy them.
> I.e. hooking into forward-sexp-function would suit my fingers.

Interesting idea - though admittedly I don't know yet how this could
work. What would be a sexp in a BBDB buffer? How should a command
such as forward-sexp treat "data" (such as email addresses and phone
numbers) versus "comments" (such as field labels)?

Also I would always prefer if copying of individual fields did not
depend on whether a record is displayed in multi-line or in one-line
format. So copying should be based on the "raw" data in the database
(with possibly some base formatting), but not on the displayed data
including the field labels, line breaks and indentation.