Carson Chittom <car...@wistly.net> writes:

> Thorsten <quintf...@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> I successfully installed bbdb 3 for the use with gnus. But the default
>> behaviour might almost be considered a bug - the whole workflow in gnus
>> is destroyed by bbdb constantly asking if I want to add some post or
>> email author to the database. I almost never want to do that.
>
> My understanding is that this is BBDB working as intended.  It is, after
> all, the Big Brother Database.  You have a file on *everybody*.

Thanks for yours and for Johnny's replies - but why should I want you in
my bbdb? I only want to read your posts here on the mailing list, there
is not reason whatsoever to save personnal contact data.

What if I want to scroll through the R list to learn some statistical
tricks - am I supposed to put all the members of that list into my bbdb.
Does anybody actually use bbdb this way in gnus? Very hard to imagine
for me.

cheers
--
Thorsten