Carson Chittom <car...@wistly.net> writes:

> Thorsten <quintf...@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> But I'm already quite annoyed about this default behaviour after a few
>> hours of use, and would like to change it as fast as possible.
>> Any other tips, how to disable bbdb constant asking 'do you want to add
>> xyz to the database' while scrolling around in gnus?
>
> I don't know if it still applies, but the old manual for 2.35 has the
> following in section 1.7.3[1]:
>
>           If the variable bbdb/mail-auto-create-p is set to the symbol
>           bbdb-ignore-most-messages-hook, then the variable
>           bbdb-ignore-most-messages-alist will determine which messages
>           should  have records automatically created for them. The
>           format of this alist is
>
>                 (( HEADER-NAME . REGEXP ) . )
>
>           for example,
>

>                 (("From" . "@.*\\.maximegalon\\.edu")
>                  ("Subject" . "time travel"))
>
>           will cause BBDB entries to be made only for messages sent by
>           people at Maximegalon U., or (that's or) people posting about
>           time
>           travel.
>
>           There may be only one entry per header in this alist: that is,
>
>                 (("From" . "addr1\\|addr2") . )
>
>           is legal, but
>
>                 (("From" . "addr1") ("From" . "addr2") . )
>
>          is not.
>
> That looks to be what you want, I think.  But again, I don't know
> whether it's still valid for version 3 (though I suppose you could tell
> git to use the 2.35 code, since it was all imported?).
>
> [1] http://bbdb.sourceforge.net/bbdb.html#SEC61

Ok, thank you for your help. I still have the hope that somebody comes up
with a really simple solution for bbdb 3, something like 'customize this
variable xy, set it to nil' or so.

If that doesn't happen, I'll try your more evolved suggestion.

How many people are actually using bbdb 3 with gnus right now? I can't
believe nobody complained until now.

Cheers
--
Thorsten