"Roland Winkler" <wink...@gnu.org> writes:

> Previously, other people on this list have voted rather emphatically
> for an update of documentation before they wanted to consider
> switching from BBDB 2.x to 3. Personally I do not have strong
> feelings about the order of steps. I think that by now the code is
> sufficiently mature so that from that perspective it can be
> released. Potential users of this release (like all current users)
> will have to accept that a more coherent doumentation is still
> missing. On the other hand, it is probably fair to say that the new
> code has already more docstrings for its functions and variables
> than the old code.
>
> Comments from other people on this list are welcome!

I think some kind of introductory document would be nice.  It need not
be a full-blown manual, but just a pointer towards important functions
and an example config.

And as Didier points out a list of major changes, i.e. how to update to
v3.

Personally, I have only used v3 and it seems to work well.

–Rasmus

--
Got mashed potatoes. Ain't got no T-Bone. No T-Bone