On Thu Aug 30 2012 Leo wrote:
> I just tried it again. Unfortunately by default it pops up an empty
> record window (screenshot attached). Something is wrong here.

Now I see what you mean. Yes, there is a simple silly bug here. If
there are no records for a message (no existing records and BBDB is
configured such that it should not create new records), then BBDB
should not pop up an empty *BBDB* buffer.

> BBDB of 2012-03-04 actually asks the user whether they want to add
> to BBDB.

Still that's a separate issue. The old BBDB snapshot you refer to
was inconsistent in the sense that bbdb-mua-edit-field-sender did
not obey bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p. The code got updated since
then to make the behavior among different BBDB MUA commands more
consistent. Now they all obey bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p for
whether they should only use existing records or possibly also
create new ones.

Should bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p turned into a list instead of a
cons pair to offer yet more flexibility?