On 8-Sep-2008, at 16:50, Doug McNutt wrote:
> BBEdit is just not capable especially when column 1 consists of text
> that has a wide range of string lengths.
>
> I have been asking for a set of variable width tab stops, like those
> on a typewriter, with one setting for display of a whole file.

What I do for this is use a spreadsheet.  When I need to use grep, I
save as cvs, open in BBEdit, and reƮmport to the spreadsheet.

It's fugly. It's a kludge.  but it is also surprisingly workable.

But yeah, put me down for variable width tabstops in BBEdit.  I'd be
happy even if they were only settable on a per-document basis.

--
With excitement like this, who is needing enemas?