On Nov 7, 2008, at 7:43 AM, maflynn wrote:

> Perhaps this has been been beat to death but I'm a user of textmate
> for a number of different uses, from ordinary text editor to html
> coding.  I'm wondering if there's any resources available to compare
> bbedit against textmate.

I have no experience trying to use Textmate for anything real. What I
observe though, is people who prefer one editor over the other seem to
prefer it for different reasons.

In my opinion, the choice of text editor is probably the most personal
decision a professional developer can make. There are editor wars all
over the internet.

> give the price of BBedit (being more expensive) I'm looking to justify
> the move

My suggestion would be to use the full 30 day demo, and see how it
works for you. Coupled with that, I'd exercise this list, asking for
tips or advice for specific things you are trying to do.

BBEdit has a huge set of features, and having me list all of them, and
the benefits they provide would be a great waste of both of our
times. :-)

In that vein, what sort of work do you want to perform with BBEdit?

Steve