On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Dennis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Patrick James wrote:
>
>> Some people like to use a CSS editor for editing CSS such as CSSEdit,
>> but personally I find that simply using BBEdit's CSS palette suits me
>> better. I like to just have it floating around when I'm mucking about
>> with CSS. It reminds me of all that is available and seems to me to be
>> a very neat CSS assistant.
>
> You're right, Patrick, I overlooked the palettes. I tend to favor
> keyboard shortcuts myself, but the palettes are very useful.
>
> Also, some might not realize that BBEdit's Markup -> Tag Maker…
> command also works with CSS. It does a great job of listing all the
> available properties for the current selector, and it can be accessed
> entirely from the keyboard if you prefer that approach.

I've commented before, but to jump in here...

Since 9.x has shipped I've started using BBEdit for most of my
javascript editing and project searching. I use TextMate for html
editing (tag completion and code completion are just done, no
configuring necessary, although you can of course. I see comments
about ctags and through no fault of anyones, I feel like, that's
scratching an itch that's already scratched.) I can keep my hands on
the keyboard. Commenting is one example. Command-/ comments text and
TextMate is smart enough to figure out what kind of comment I need.
Even if I'm in an html doc and I'm commenting some in-line javascript
or css, TM does the right thing.

TextMate's bundle system is quite nice too. The one thing I still use
TextMate for with javascript is running a javascript lint review on my
js files.

BBedit kicks butt for file/project searching and diffs.