On Nov 11, 2008, at 3:22 AM, Johan Solve wrote:

> At 12.14 -0500 2008-11-10, Jim Correia wrote:
>> If you are using a custom language module, and the document is
>> currently using that module, the comment delimiters from the
>> preferences should be picked up. (I verified that it is working
>> correctly for me.)
>
> Aren't those settings supposed to be picked upp from the CLM file?
>
>       <key>Language Features</key>
>       <dict>
>               <key>Open Block Comments</key>
>               <string>/*</string>
>               <key>Close Block Comments</key>
>               <string>*/</string>
>               <key>Open Line Comments</key>
>               <string>//</string>
>       </dict>

The Un/Comment configuration doesn't do any introspection for block
comment strings currently. (In fact, ‘old’ style CLMs would be the
only case it is possible for without additional hints from the
language module. Compiled language modules or CLMs using regular
expressions to parse comments would still need to provide a separate
hint.)

I'll log a feature request for consideration, but in the meantime
you'll have to manually configure the comment strings for languages/
modules which don't ship with BBEdit.

Jim