On Nov 11, 12:22 am, Johan Solve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 12.14 -0500 2008-11-10, Jim Correia wrote:
>
> >If you are using a custom language module, and the document is
> >currently using that module, the comment delimiters from the
> >preferences should be picked up. (I verified that it is working
> >correctly for me.)
>
> Aren't those settings supposed to be picked upp from the CLM file?
>
>         <key>Language Features</key>
>         <dict>
>                 <key>Open Block Comments</key>
>                 <string>/*</string>
>                 <key>Close Block Comments</key>
>                 <string>*/</string>
>                 <key>Open Line Comments</key>
>                 <string>//</string>
>         </dict>

One would assume so, but it does not. To get Un/Commenting to work in
Lasso:

Preferences > Languages > Options... > General
Comment Start: /*
Comment End: */

As I just realized, there are at least 3 paths to "Un/Comment":
(1) Markup > Utilities > Un/Comment
(2) In the HTML Markup Palette, Utilities > Un/Comment (which is
essentially the same command as (1), but through the nice palette)
(3) Text > Un/Comment Selection

Path (3) is the one that will use the Un/Comment as defined in
Preferences. BBEdit appears to ignore the CLM preferences in BBEdit
8.7.2. Maybe it works in BBEdit 9?

--steve