On 11 Aug., 20:01, Derrick Peavy <cont...@collegeclassifieds.com>
wrote:
> Used BBEdit since mid 90's and version 4.  Great. But these changes
> are killing me.
> [...]
> How do I get those two behaviors to revert?

Derrick,

I had exactly the same problem with the new behaviour of the non modal
find windows like you had. I posed an announcement of my tiny
AppleScripts to help with the find dialogs recently in this group, but
it may have been overseen, so I answer to this and similar posts
directly. So, apologies for quoting myself, but I think the scripts
may really help some of the fellow BBEdit users.

<self-quote>

BBPony 0.1 is a small collection of AppleScripts which aim to emulate
aspects of the behavior of the deprecated modal find dialog in BBEdit
10. It's free for anyone to use or modify. For some of the long-time
users of BBEdit who recently upgraded to version 10 this may be
really
handy (or, even a Pony ;-)

I made a little Website with detailed installation instructions,
download link and some more explanation:

<http://www.stupsundeck.de/BBPony/>

Check it out and tell me what you think!

Patrick