At 21:34 -0800 on 11/14/2011, Sumtingwong wrote about Re: Large text search:

Robert, the database is being worked on now...  This project is to
help fix some immediate issues, the database will be to replace some
of the legacy systems that need to be shown the door.

No problem. My solution, of course, was an think-outside-the-box one and I hope that I supplied enough explanation for you to understand and evaluate my suggestion. I do not know if you (or someone in your organization) has the skills to try to attempt it but from your problem description I felt that this solution should at least have been mentioned. Given the solutions you were requesting, I felt that even if they worked that going with a database and a program to scan the input might be a BETTER solution. This was a case of using the best tool as opposed to one that was just adequate (IOW: It was not a "Use a Sledgehammer to Swat a Fly" situation but more of a "use a fly swatter as opposed to a rolled newspaper" one).