On 11/27/2017, at 10:51, Madelyn Bingham <madelyn.bing...@gmail.com
<mailto:madelyn.bing...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Can someone tell me what makes BBEdit different or better than other code
> editors?

Hey Madelyn,

There are a number of good text editors available for the Mac, and some have
various features or eye candy that BBEdit doesn't.

But...

No other text editor on the Mac has the amount of focussed power BBEdit does.

All of the built-in text processing and development tools are extremely
powerful and relatively easy to use.

Text Factories allow laymen to do sophisticated text processing.

Text Filters allow any language runnable from the shell to interact with
documents.

Shell worksheets facilitate shell script development and various shell-related
tasks.

BBEdit is one of the most AppleScriptable apps on the planet, so users can
automate and systematize and customize and get work done in various ways other
editors can't match.

I've used it since somewhere around 1992.

I try out anything that looks interesting - Brackets, Atom, MacVim, Sublime
Text, Textastic, TextMate, UltraEdit...

But so far I've always come back to BBEdit.

It runs 24/7 on my system.

--
Best Regards,
Chris