Anything man-made is a compromise, but with BBEdit, you give up the least
for what you get, and you’ll be working in an environment that needs no
external helpers for you to accomplish your tasks, unless you have external
files such as images, PDFs, audio/video files, etc., and those almost
always require an external program of some sort no matter what. If an
external program or utility would make your life easier, you are not locked
into any specific one … you can choose whichever one you want. You will
even have the ability to create your own utilities, both through setting up
work flows and through programming using a number of different languages.