On 28 Nov 2017, at 6:00, Steve deRosier wrote:

* Command-line starting - I can ssh into my Linux development machine,
type "bbedit filename.c" and though some shell script magic it can ssh
back to my Mac and open the file remotely in BBEdit. Same deal with
using it as my CSCOPE_EDITOR.

Have you tried `rbbedit`?

- https://github.com/cngarrison/rbbedit

It’s a formalised version of “through some shell script magic it can ssh back to my Mac”, but has additional ‘copy methods’ such as scp and rsync.

* Network - Editing works the same no matter if it's a local file, a
file over NFS or SFTP.

Or a remote volume mounted using ExpanDrive, which rbbedit also supports. ;-)

-cng

--

   Charlie Garrison  <garri...@zeta.org.au>
   github.com/cngarrison   metacpan.org/author/CNG

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email