I don't know how  /VCTTools got at the ROOT LEVEL. My company (dead because
of Covid) transitioned me from a WinPC to a MacBook Pro back in 2010. All
my various tools were translated to the Mac by our then computer Guru. This
is my 2nd Mac from 02/2017.  There are 2 scripts involved in this process
-- a SCPT file and a SH file.

The script invoked from the BBEdit top bar (menu bar?) is HydroV_dbg.scpt
which resides in folder
/Users/neillsmith/Library/Application Support/BBEdit/Scripts

The HydroV_dbg.scpt file invokes the script hdbgsub.sh which resides in
folder
/Volumes/Macintosh HD - Data/VCTTools/bat

The file hdbgsub.sh is a translation of a BAT file hdbgsub.bat. This
hdbgsub.sh file is the one that invokes a compiled program that reads the
GEO file and executes it.

I have no idea if my various tools have the correct permissions and I have
never heard of a quarantine bit.

The only editing that I have ever done to these two tools was the SCPT
file. I changed all references to TextWrangler to BBEdit when I had to
upgrade to BBEdit.

I am not AppleScript savy and I am not BBEdit script savy -- obviously.  I
avoided MacOS upgrades as long as I could because going from Sierra to High
Sierra was a royal pain. Back then I had knowledgeable coworkers to help me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neill Smith

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than