Yes it does exist.  I can open that file (and any other SH file) in
AppleScript and edit it. I can open it directly using BBEdit but of course
it looks like garbage.

This particular setup is from when my former company used Windows. On a
WinPC having VCTTools at c:\VCTTools on every computer meant anyone could
add a new tool (VCTTools was maintained in a SVN repository) to VCTTools
and then everyone could just update their VCTTools copy. No one had to edit
paths for their computer.

When we moved to MacOS, VCTTools was placed at the ROOT LEVEL to get the
same effect. Files within VCTTools have paths set under this assumption. If
VCTTools were a folder under a USER under MacOS, any one updating to the
newest version would have to go in and edit paths in a bunch of files.

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than