On Saturday 14 November 2009 21:03:09 Oncaphillis wrote:
> On 11/14/2009 08:45 PM, Michael Buesch wrote:

> >>    So now I've stripped down the kernel quite a lot and added as many
> >> debug options that seem to make sense to me. No ACPI at all and no
> >> network device driver except for b43, including low eneregy optins,
> >> and PIO mode. If I leave out the b43 driver the kernel boots just
> >> fine. If I include it I get the following on the screen:
> >>

> >>     http://oncaphillis.net/IMG_0214.JPG
> >>
> >> So it seems to me it doesn't even reach the loading of p43.ko
> >> but gets stuck in the cfg80211 layer.
> >
> > Well, there's a TSC message after that, which is completely unrelated to
> > cfg80211.
> > It could possibly be sleeping in the CRDA call and executes the TSC stuff in
> > parallel (given that the TSC message is only a few microseconds later).
> > I don't really know how parallelization is done here (if any).
> >
> >> Any further hints how to proceed in debugging this.
> >
> > Do you have cfg80211/mac80211 built-in or as modules? The TSC message after
> > the cfg80211 message might indicate that it's built-in.
>

>   It used to be build in, but I successfully built and inserted all
> components (including b43) as a module (see my previous message ).

Yeah, ok. That doesn't seem to be a bug in b43 then. It's the CRDA subsystem
waiting for a userspace daemon. But it won't finish waiting, because userspace
is not running, yet. I guess running cfg80211 as module is an acceptable
workaround for now.

About your "device is not created" problem: Please enable CONFIG_SSB_DEBUG,
reboot and send the result. Also send the output of lspci -vvn.

--
Greetings, Michael.