>I guess I didn't understand what this meant until this post for which I
>thank you all. Having been an artist in my previous incarnation in this
>life, paper is something I could get excited about. Now blessed water by
>paper...wow! I'm ready! I always suspected there must be some really good
>purpose for art. But this is not the same as using a radionic "device",
>"machine" or "instrument" is it?

Dear Jane,

My Webster's isn't much help in defining what a radionic instrument is.
Neither is it any help with Astral, Etheric, and some other such words that
are frequently used on this list. Someday I must write the publishers.

Definitions of words are hardly cut and dried, as Steiner so sptly chose to
emphasize. It is common to have four or five definitions of any given word.
My Webster's has 17 definitions of the word "of."  That's a pretty common
word and the trend is to have fewer definitions on the less commonly used
words. As we use words their definitions rightly should grow.

We might define a radionic instrument variously. Heironymus engaged in a
long correspondence back in the fifties with John W. Campbell, Editor of
Astounding Science Fiction, aka ANALOG. It comprises nearly 80 pages in
Hieronymus's autobiography, THE STORY OF ELOPTIC ENERGY. Campbell made an
india ink drawing of the parts of Hieronymus's eloptic analyser on poster
board, assembled them and demonstrated the drawings worked just as well as
the hardware model. This seemed to put radionics in the realm of magic and
mystery. But as we know magic is naught but science that is unexplained.

William A. Tiller's book SCIENCE AND HUMAN TRANSFORMATION (which I'm slowly
plowing through) seems to go a long way towards opening up the physics of
why a paper model can be just as effective as hardware.

Still I believe Hieronymus and Campbell would have agreed both the hardware
Hieronymus Analyser and the posterboard india ink model were bona fide
radionic instruments.

So where do you draw the line? Both instruments are vias for human
intention. Both are mechanical tools, of if you will, machines. As such the
Sanathana Sai Sanjeevini cards qualify as radionic instruments seems to me.
But if I was writing dictionaries such an application of the term would
require an additional definition to accomodate those who disagree.
Nonetheless I would go along with James Hedley's classification of the
cards as a paper based radionic system. That's as good a description of
them as I know of.

Best,
Hugh