I'm going a little nutty right now, trying to learn a jargon so I can
speak with people who are quite a drive from me and who really don't
have the time to spoon feed the ignorant.

I'm looking to buy a few yards of 'crushed gravel sand' to use in a
potting mix formulation recommended by Heinz Grotzke in "Biodynamic
Greenhouse Management."

So far, I've been offered trap dust and 1/4inch (and lower) stuff
from a realatively close-by quarry. If I can communicate screen size,
I think I can buy what I need.

AND, I would assume that it's cool to take basalt instead of granite, eh?

Which is to say that I've found a source for basalt trap dust down
here. My recollection is that it tests very highly on the Callahan
scale (paramagnetics), but I'll have to have it tested again.

Thanks

_Allan