Hi! Ian,
To know, you need to get it tested.

Some granites are better than some basalt, but generally basalt is higher.

On my farm, my granites are higher than most basalts, but my amphibalites
(basalt like) are very high.

For potting mix, you may need to sieve twice. Insect screen, as fitted to
house windows in Australia is about 14 meshes to the inch and takes the large
portion out and a flour sieve from the kitchen department of your Super
Market will take the too fine portion. The fine portion will contain down to
clay like particles and is useful in the compost heap, but too fine for
potting mix. The coarse portion is useful to put on top of light, surface
planted seed to hold it in place while germinating. Larger still portions are
goof for "crock" on the bottom of the pot, if highly paramagnetic. See the
story in the January Acres USA.

If doing large amounts, the sieve may need upgrading to screens and
industrial mesh screens are readily available from industrial engineering
suppliers, if you don't mind paying a lot of money. I have several screen
about two feet by four feet, set up on legs and sloping steeply, great to
shovel through.

Gil