From: Hugh Lovel
Sent: July 20, 2002 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: The Wizards weekend

Dear Folks,

Just to excerpt one thing from the below--the placebo effect. What is the placebo effect? Has it not been measured? For a long time this has been invalidated as though it didn't exist. But it does exist, and in medical research it is extremely important to do double blind studies so neither doctor nor volunteer knows whether the real medicine or a placebo is administered. That is because it is well known that just the belief that an effective medicine is administered tends to influence the results of the experiment. When people believe they will get well it makes a big difference from when they believe they have no hope. Even when only the doctor believes they have a chance this influences healing.

With radionics we DO administer patterns of energy, subtle though they are, that can and often do influence healing. But we should not discount the placebo effect, especially as it is another such subtle effect parallel or anologous to our subtle radionic pattern energies. Physics, the sceince of measurement, has gotten so sophisticated that nowadays I believe with Fourier Interferometry and delecate ossiloscopes we can measure both radionic and placebo effects. We have long known they were real, but without measuring them we have tended to invalidate them as if they were not real. That's not good science, just common science.

Best,
Hugh Lovel

Dear Robin,
Sorry for the delay in answering your post, things have been very busy in the period since the Wizards workshop.
Your idea of never being able to prove anything seems to me to have some merit, but before you can develop a theory to falsify, it becomes important to observe the phenomena that you are trying to theorise. It was pointed out to me some time ago that we are very good at observing phenomena, but very poor at developing theories. You only need to look at how various fields of scientific thought change the theory because newly observed phenomena do not fit into existing theory. It is time that some research was done to see if it is possible to disprove the present theories of how radionics works.
The point of whether radionics is a placebo effect can easily be answered by measuring the effects of radionics on plants.
If it was a placebo effect you would expect for it not to have an effect on plants or soil.general consensus from the Wizards conference was that in most instances there was definite improvement in plant growth, resistance to insect attacks, increase in the brix of plants and a general improvement in the ability of plants to withstand drought conditions.
As to the question of "is radionics really all that it promises to be, or yet another mystical phenomenon that only exists for those who already have faith that is works'. I think that you could say categorically that if you were to approach radionic experiments from the basis that it does not work that you would get experimenter bias where the experimenter is able to influence the result of the experiment, however when researchers in Germany tested 14 SE5 Radionic instruments in forestry work it was found that technicians could use radionic instruments provided that they followed the protocols. As to how we might measure and devise experiments I am sure that a good Bio-metrician would be able to advise the methodologyof the research and the methods for measuring the results.
The German Forestry researchers chose to measure the light intensity in the forest, on the basis that if the radionic broadcast had worked that there would be more shade due to the increased folige.
Another method that you could test Radionic broadcast may be the method used by the Polish forestry researcher Jerzy Macurzack to test the effects of geopathic stress zones.
The method was very elegant. Firstly the geopathic stress zones were identified by the use of a geomagnetometer. Along the the stress zone were placed a series of containers filled with a super- saturated solution of sodium chloride. In the adjacent neutral zone an equivalent number of containers with the other half of the salt solution were placed. They were left for a period of time and then the salt solutions were allowed to dry naturally.
The crystalline patterns showed that there was a definite difference in the solution that had been exposed to the geopathic stress zones as compared to the solution exposed to the neutral zone. An instrument that measured the emission of photons was then used to compare photon emissions from the two samples.
The resultwqs that the samples exposed to the geopathic stress zones emitted on average 6 times as many photons as the samples from the neutral zones.
This experiment proved conclusively that you could use salt solutions to measure the effects of subtle energies. I could probablyfind you several other experiments that have tested the effects of subtle energy, if you are interested please contact me at
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED] .
The conensus, I felt after having been both a presenter and participant at this workshop, was that the technology of radionics showed great potential to not only ascertain and diagnose plant and soil health but to also affect and alter them. John Pannan conclusively proved this with his skillful use of the Don Mattioda analysis and broadcast instrument.
I feel that it is possible build a case to de-mystify field broadcaster technology and fit it into existing electromagnetic theory, totally able to be measured by existing instrumentation. At this point in time I am not able to sort out the role of intent in all of this, however it may be possible to measure the action of intent to influence salt solutions.That is the subject of this year's research work.

Sincere regards from the Land of the Wizards of Oz
James Hedley

Radiasesthesia and Radionic Analysis
Radionic Insect and Parasite control
Bioethical Agriculture Consultant