> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Allan Balliett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 10:04 AM
> Subject: Re: Search for results of Elaine's testing of bd preps

Allan - Dont forget I'm an aussie so just watching this unfold from the
sidelines at this stage but was after clarification as to whether this was
being treated as a food safety issue - across the board - or as a
certification issue - a rule for organic producers. My feeling is that the
people driving this will go the food safety route because conventional
farmers using teas are the real worry to the chemical companies,they dont
stand to loose much more money on the organic side. And yes it will affect
us in time - if you guys loose we will follow suit no questions asked.

> >  It is important to understand that if the USDA says
> > that manure-based compost teas are 'dangerous,' it's not going to be
> > acceptable to the customers of we non-certified organic practitioners
> > to provide them food that 'shit has been sprayed on.' Anyone to steps
> > in the realm of reason in regard to this will really be putting
> > themself in jeopardy should any of their customers become ill for any
> > reason whatsoever after eating a meal containing  tea blasted produce.
And if they scratched their backside and dont wash their hands, or if they
run three huge stinking dogs in the house and get sick after eating your
produce you are still in trouble!

> > Let me be clear about this, though: the USDA is just discussing the
> > sanctions on tea right now. This is not, as far as I understand, part
> > of the certification rule currently. (Lloyd? Frank?)

Keep us posted please
Lloyd Charles