Actually, Frank, in that conversation, JP also said it is because of Will
Brinton that this e coli mess happened around these compost tea regs, and he
didn't sound happy about it.

Frankly, I have always understood the current organics game to be about
claiming market share. Not at all about producing vital quality food for
people. The more the world changes, the more convinced I am that we need
locally produced food by people who's face we can see and name we can know.
CSA's make more sense than ever.

Here in the east coast of US, almost all of the organic food (in health
stores) comes from the commercial so called organic farms in CA. It has no
taste for the most part, and goes bad after two days and has no vital
forces.

I recently heard another story about a so called organic farmer who sprayed
their farmers' market greens with some kind of 'approved' gas or chemical to
make them stay fresher longer and poisoned their downhill neighbors. It pays
to know who you are dealing with and failing that to develop powers of
discernment.

If you're going to trust this government to tell you what is safe to eat,
then you're a fool, excuse me! (Yeah, you live in Canada where people don't
even lock their doors!) When the margarine producers wanted more market
share, who came out talking about clogged arteries from fat? Who has more
obese members of the population than America?

Certainly, there is going to be bad compost tea along with the good stuff.
Just like farmers. If people would stop looking for a magic bullet (compost
tea) or 'the great man' (Steiner, the gov't, whomever) to save them, and
look to themselves and their own community & work on their spiritual
development along with other kinds of development, perhaps we'd get
somewhere.

Blessings,
Jane S.