Peter--
  My friends' neighbor hired Roundup to be sprayed on that neighbor's
conventional Roundup Ready crop.  The Roundup drifted onto my friends'
certified organic cornfield.  It ruined quite a bit of his crop beyond his
buffer strip, causing him to have that area decertified for three years.
But the kicker is that when he finally found a lab willing to test for
presence of Roundup, it was there.  And the sample corn that was sent in for
the test was picked 3 months after the overspraying occurred.  The lesson:
Roundup persists longer than the 30 days Monsanto says it lasts.  The
independent sprayer paid for the losses out of his personal checking
account.
Susan