Dear Peter,
Greg Willis put this information on the BDNow list in 1999, and it should
help you with your question.  We have made up the Pre Mix he talks about and
use it here in Australia, mainly for regeneration of badly contaminated or
dead soils. Luckily we have not had to use it for GMO decontamination yet,
but we are ready, as I am sure it will happen one day.
The pre mix recipe is an attachment, and as I cant attach it here I will
have to type it up and send it later on to BDNow list.
Cheryl.

GMO's and Remediation by Greg Willis

The primary concern with GMO organisms is that they create an imbalance or
disharmony in the field. But this disharmony and imbalance extends greatly
beyond the field both in terms of extant on the land and within the changes
that occur on all living things around them. This includes all the plants,
animals and humans in the area, in the region, in the continent, in the
world and in the cosmos. It even extends to the
dominions and realms around which life is built. As above, so below.
Thus, we can say that the little manipulation of a gene in an obscure
laboratory is very much like the fluttering of the butterfly wings that
ends up, on the other side of the world as a hurricane. It is that
important.
So we begin. As we have said before, what is in the mind of the
individual creator is as important, in some cases more important, than
what is being created. If GMO's were created for the purpose of
advancing human understanding of the cosmos, that would be acceptable
within limits. If they are created for the purposes of controlling that
which cannot be controlled, human conduct and Nature, if they are
created for the purpose of greed or self-aggrandizement, that would be
negative and counter-evolutionary in the broadest and narrowest sense.
Both cause mankind to move backward, be retarded in its growth.
The soul who creates, or brings into manifestation, a plant that is a
true reflection of Spirit, is doing good for the world. A person who
brings in a manifestation of Spirit by ignoring the Universal Laws of
Creation, is harming mankind and the world, including, we might add, the
mineral kingdom.
Let us look at the various worlds on Earth: mineral, plant, animal and
humankind. (Note: Go to the text - God Talks With Arjuna, THE BHAGAVAD GITA,
Royal Science of God-Realization by Paramahansa Yogananda) and list the
various koshas or sheaths.)
"These stages of expression are referred to in yoga as sheaths or
koshas. These are screens of delusion, each of which, in descending
order, obscures to a greater degree the real Cause and Essence of all
creation, God. The five koshas are the bliss sheath, the intellect or
discriminative sheath, the sheath of the mind, the life sheath or prana,
and gross matter. The bliss sheath is that which covers and causes the
causal world and body of man. The three sheaths of intellect, mind and
life are the coverings of the astral universe and body of man. The matter
sheath manifests as the physical universe and body of man. "In ascending
order, from matter to Spirit, the five natural evolutionary stages of life
are results of these five sheaths. When one by one the sheaths are unfolded,
there is a corresponding manifestation of a progressively higher expression
of life.
"Inert minerals are enlocked in all five sheaths. With the unfolding
of the matter sheath, the life sheath is revealed, and the resulting
manifestation is the life in plants. When the matter sheath is unfolded
and the mind sheath becomes manifested, the animal kingdom is
expressed. (Animals have perceptions and consciousness, but not the
intellect to discriminate between right and wrong.) When the mind
sheath is unfolded, and the discriminative sheath is revealed, we have
the manifestation of intellect, or man, with the ability to think,
reason, and guide his actions by discrimination and free choice. When
man rightly uses this discriminative power, the discriminative sheath is
rolled back and the bliss sheath is revealed. This is the state of
divine man, with just a thin veil of individuality between himself and
God."
Within the plant world, the world we are concerned with explicitly in
this discourse, we have no sentient beings. We have no creatures that
are aware of their presence nor have the discriminative powers to tell
right from wrong. Plants lack the ability to experience bliss, they do
not think for themselves and they do not recognize themselves as "I" or
an individuality.
They do, on the other hand, recognize their life in the sense that they
are alive but do not recognize themselves as alive. Thus when a plant
is harvested, it has no awareness that it has ceased to exist. True, it
manifests the various stress indicators that Dr. Bose discovered, but it
does not see itself as "dying", only that it is changing form, physical
form to Spiritual form. For the plant, there is no difference. (The
same holds true for minerals, and to some extent, animals such as
insects and the lower forms of microorganisms that live more in the
group soul realm than in the individualized realm of humankind and
higher animal life forms.)
When a plant is exposed, through the manipulation of its genes, to an
animal gene, what happens is that plant now has the essence or basics of
the discriminative powers within it. This PRECEDES the unfolding of the
third kosha and is not natural, or not part of the naturally evolving
life of the plant. In straight forward language, the plant is not ready.
Some would argue that since Mankind has dominion over all life on
Earth, he has the right and the power to manipulate life forms, which
are expressions of Spirit. Thus the argument goes, it is "natural" for
this event to take place. This has a grain of truth in it, to be sure.
Mankind does have dominion over all life on Earth in that it was given
to him by God to learn the lessons of Earth, Unconditional Love.
However, what this view ignores is the necessity for Mankind to follow
the Universal Laws, such as the Law of Unity, the Law of Duality and the
Law of Cause and Effect. To ignore these laws or be ignorant of these
laws causes effects unforeseen by those manipulating these genes.
Further, there is a distinct difference between manipulating genes and
hybridizing plants. If one was to add another plant gene to a plant,
then that would not expose the plant to the discriminative abilities of
the mind and the intellect. When one works exclusively with plants in
manipulating them, either by hybridizing or by genetically manipulating
it, then one still stay within the matter and life koshas (sheaths).
Hybridizing specifically excludes access to the higher life forms and it
is only through manipulation on the micro-cellular level that this can
occur. It does not occur naturally because in the natural state, these
plants and animals exist and follow the Natural Laws or Universal Laws.
One does not see an animal copulating with a plant nor vice versa.
Further, frequently, one does not see distinct and unrelated species
producing progeny from a coupling sexually.
So when a scientist bypasses what is Natural into the realm of what is
Unnatural, the Laws of Nature or Universal Laws work to right a wrong or
correct an imbalance.
Let us also briefly discuss the astral element in plants. It is known,
by Dr. Steiner's observations, that plants do not have astral bodies but
only the "etheric" or what yoga calls the "causal" energy expressed in
their physical bodies. This is the same as saying that a plant cannot
experience self-realization, intellect, mind, discriminative ability nor
bliss.
When one inserts an animal gene, which has within it and without it,
the astral realm of experience and abilities, it causes that plant,
again, to be exposed to a higher life experience BEFORE it is ready to
do so. This in turn causes the Elemental Nature Spirits to remove
themselves from the plant, as their work is now interfered with, and
stand back, in a sense, as the plant now begins to evolve in a direction
not natural nor God Driven. This is their duty since an imbalance must
be offset by a balance. As they withdraw from that plant, we will see
an eventual collapse of that plant and everything that has a symbiotic
relationship with that plant.
Thus, if one insect has the responsibility for fertilizing an organism
that now has animal genes in it, it cannot any longer relate to that
plant and it too will collapse.
So, we can say that ultimately, all genetically manipulated organisms
(GMO's) which have animal's genes in them (as in the Arctic flounder
non-freezing gene spliced into a strawberry) will collapse and perish
from the Earth. It cannot be any other way since everything about this
GMO plant is incorrect, out of balance and out of harmony with the true
Expression of Spirit.
What will happen to plants which have genes from other plants inserted
into them? They will continue to evolve although they will be retarded
somewhat in their growth, some collapsing, some simply being ignored.
But the effects of the manipulation will be felt for thousands of years.

Now let us address the natural metamorphosis of the plant as in Goethe. This
genius recognized a progressive and a retrogressive metamorphosis in plants.
He also recognized, but did not discuss, an accidental metamorphosis in
plants that was quite troubling to him as he
called such plants, among other things, "monstrous". It would be quite
right, quite accurate, to categorize GMO's as "accidental"
metamorphosis. This goes way beyond "sports" which occur naturally and which
can, at times, produce entirely new species which are quite
natural and useful, in harmony with the evolution of mankind. But when
manipulated for greed and so on, produce reflections of that particular
individual or group of individuals who are ignorant of the Cosmic Plant
Creator and His aims and goals.
More accurately, we can see that GMO's reflect the evolution of the
creators, not the evolution of mankind in general. Of course, the
argument that all mankind works together at some higher level makes this
acceptable ignores the more fundamental principle that all life must
conform to the Natural or Universal Laws of Creation, in this case,
Cause and Effect.
So we can conclude that GMO's, while interesting, and maybe even a
little part of the evolution of mankind, are not particularly suited for
life on Earth inasmuch as they cause imbalances and disharmonies,
retarding the natural development of all souls, all kingdoms and all
species on the planet.
So what can be done about it? What sort of remediation is necessary?
What can be done to counterbalance the imbalances and disharmonies that
these methodologies create, especially those GMO's that harbor animal
life-form genes?
First and foremost, stop using and buying those products that contain
GMO's. An economic embargo will go a long way to offsetting the greed
element in cases such as this. When greed finds no outlet, it begins to
wither itself, at least in that instance. Over successive times, when
the companies and individuals find out that their efforts have been for
naught in the marketplace, they will, eventually, find other outlets for
their creativity.
Secondly, replace your horror and anger with love and acceptance of the
fact that these things, in a material world which has forgotten its
Center, will occur and everyone, in a sense, is both effected and
responsible. Some, of course, more than others but we all share some
responsibility not just for the invention of these organisms, but more
importantly for the purchase of these organisms. It is best to forgive
them "for they know not what they do" then to fight them at every turn.
That which you fear most will come to you. It is the Law of Magnetism
at work with the Law of Creativity. So don't focus your hate at
Monsanto or any other company pursuing this course. Many in these
companies are simply ignorant of the consequences of their decisions.
They too, remember, will suffer these consequences magnified by the
number and extent of the hurt they create. They are not to be hated,
they are to be pitied.
Nevertheless, that does not mean they are to be tolerated. The
discriminate mind can learn, if it does not already know, to tell the
difference between right and wrong. Being judgmental does not imply
being wrong or prejudiced. It does imply an ability to see to the heart
of the matter and dispose of that which conflicts, imposes and thwarts
to be replaced by enlightened, God-Centered individuals of wisdom who
will guide humanity out of the quagmire and darkness of the present
times. Tolerance leads to degradation unless guided by God Inspired
Wisdom. Intolerance as well leads to degradation when combined with the
negative activities of hate and anger. One must learn to discriminate
first between right and wrong and seek guidance from the God Centered
Self within and the Divine without. Then and only then can some real
progress be made.
Next we recommend a complete biodynamic/Burbank program be instituted.
The genius of Agri-Synthesis is that it combines all of the great
thinking of the greatest spiritual leaders in the history of the Earth
into a program that can be implemented by anyone. The core of this
methodology and philosophy is "What you think, you grow." Right
thinking can offset imbalances and disharmonies instantly (if not
sooner).
The advantage of a complete biodynamic farm and field program based on The
New Biodynamics is that it will reestablish the astral imbalances
and encourage the Nature Spirits, what many call the Elementals, to
return to the fields. GMO's are an insult to the land, to the Earth, to
all living things. This does not mean that the Devas and Nature Spirits
are insulted also. While the Nature Spirits tend to be a bit emotional,
due to the fact that they live in the emotional realm of the astral
domain, that does not mean to imply that they do not reason, which they
do. What is most important to them, believe it or not, is that the
heart and intentions of the farmer, grower or gardener, or simply
ingester of the food, be good and pure. THAT is what attracts them.
Purity of heart. Purity of purpose. Selflessness. Self-Realization.
Christ Consciousness. No matter what has gone before you in a field,
they will return.
The Devas cannot be insulted likewise since they are the closest to the
Creator and understand all things. It cannot be otherwise for they
would not be able to hold the archetypal form in their minds for
manifestation on the Earthly plane.
But still, it is an insult to the land. So it is with the land that
remediation starts, not with the plant itself. Since GMO's are all too
often counter-evolutionary, retroprogressive or even accidental in
Goethe's terms (retroprogressive if they contain plant genes, accidental
if they contain animal genes), one must take advantage of the
progressive or evolutionary strengths of the biodynamic preparations and
remedies. Dr. Steiner gave the world these remedies to HEAL the Earth.
So it is now essential for us to take advantage of this fact, whether or
not the field on which you are working needs remediation.
As we said, the GMO's will move from field to field, insect to insect,
plant to plant and cover a wider and wider area, effecting all that is
around them, mineral, plant, animal and humankind. The preparations
work to counter this, even to the point that a field that has the
benefit of the biodynamic remedies will not accept the GMO's and those
that have them will see their decline and eventual elimination.
Why is this? It may seem on the surface self-serving to say, "OK Just
use the preps and the problem will go away" without any evidence to back it
up. Well, the evidence will come in time viewed as results. But the
reasoning is sound. From a spiritual science point of view, imbalances
and disharmonies create monstrous plants and animals, wars and other
intolerable situations. The purpose of the BD preps is to REESTABLISH
the natural and proper balances and harmonies so that the Earth and all
its life forms do not have to experience the extremes of polarized
thinking.
Thus, we can conclude that if we apply these remedies, a change for the
better will, sooner or later, take place. Hopefully, sooner. But that
is dependent on the thinking of the people involved in the remediation
program.
Now, lets get down to specifics. A sequential spray of BD preps is
always better then spraying one or two at time. So, assuming that the
field does not have the benefit of biodynamic compost (which is
preferred) we would begin such a program with the premix, followed by
barrel compost, 500, 501, horn clay and 508. Emphasis should be placed
on applying 508 since it balances 501. Premix, barrel compost and 500
make a complete balanced package. Horn clay plays the pivotal role of
making all the BD preps work in balance and harmony.
These sequences can be applied at any time of the year but it would be
best in the Spring and the Fall. Nevertheless, they can be applied in
the Summer as well, that is, up to three times per year.
Now let us expand a little on this sequence. The premix is designed to
provide the field with a shock, just as is the barrel compost. But this
premix is more powerful than the barrel compost in that it has the
ability to connect the field directly with the Cosmos instantly while
the barrel compost takes about two or three days for this to occur.
That is why the premix is so important for this sequence.
Why not use other preps in this sequence? Not needed. The use of 505
will, in specific situations, help reestablish the astral plane energies
but that, in this instance, is being provided by the return of the
Nature Spirits. The Premix will solve that problem.
This is not the same situation as exists when we use the 7 Step
Sequence which is remedial for non-GMO fields. Hybrid rootstocks and
grapevines, or any other hybrid crop, do not face the same challenges as
do the GMO exposed field. For those fields, the 7 Step Sequence is the
sequence of choice.
Another step that should be made is to provide the field with certain
companion plants that will offset those GMO's in the field. These
plants should be the same kind of plants that attract the insects that
normally fertilize the GMO crop. This will have a dramatic effect of
offsetting the damage done by the planting of GMO's.
Now, what can one do personally to offset the damage if eating GMO
infested food? Meditate and eat healthy food, preferably biodynamic or
organic from a farm that has experienced deep spiritual energy. The
body is not locked in this cycle and Free Will gives us the ability to
choose what we eat, even if we have to grow it ourselves.
We emphasize biodynamic food not to further the biodynamic movement as some
would do. We emphasize food grown spiritually. Today, biodynamics offers the
best methodology for doing this. There is little else that can be done than
as we have outlined here.
But taking these steps will significantly alter everything. The New
Biodynamics offers hope that the Old Biodynamics could never provide.
The simple addition of horn clay changes EVERYTHING and makes it
possible for the old BD remedies to work in the next millennium.

Copyright 1999 Greg Willis

Cheryl Kemp
Education and Workshop Coordinator
Biodynamic AgriCulture Australia