>>Allan,
>>
>>I doubt seriously that plaster of paris is going to simply dissolve in
>>water once it is set.
>>
>>Hugh
>
>Oh, great, another problem.
>
>I'm going buy how the plaster has crumbled where it has gotten wet
>when I've drug my toes in the snow, and so on.
>
>It'll really be great if I show up at the airport with a partially
>removed cast.

Allan,

I don't know that much about casts. Probably by soaking and manipulation
you can crumble it away. I just know when my sister broke her arm, and one
of my school mates broke his arm in both cases the cast was cut off. I
think a doctor would have some special scissor pliers--surgical steel--for
this task. Have you asked the doctor to cut off the cast and put on a
lighter one? That's something commonly done.

Best,
Visit our website at: www.unionag.org