Hi Hugh,
     Here is the latest on the conference.

Moriarty Farmer?s Market Conference Update

12-30-2002
Hi to everyone presenting and/or having a booth,
Everything is moving along nicely for the conference and with little less than a
month to go, several items need to be addressed. If you are a presenter, I need
your bio (25 to 50 words) by January 7th as will be printing the conference
program January 10th. Also needed for the program is any advertising ad copy for
donors/sponsors. If you are a speaker/sponsor/donator and are going to have a
booth, I need to know by the 7th so your booth is located on the program map for
booths. This may seem like a lot to some of you, but remember it is one person
who is putting all this together and timeliness is imperative.

Below are verified donations for the door prizes and raffle items with more
coming in:
Harris Seeds: $100 gift certificate for seed purchase
Broomes Feed: 10 ½ lb. packets of pepper seeds
Farm to Table: 2 T-shirts
NM Farmer?s Market Association: 1 apron and 1 hat
NM Organic Commodity Commission: 2 tickets for a seminar at Glorietta
Barefoot Farmer: 1 Book ? The Barefoot Farmer? ISBN 0-9721378-0-7
The Rodale Institute: 1 Book ? Empty Breadbasket; The Coming Challenge to
America?s Food Supply and What We Can Do About It.?, and 1 Video ? A World of
Sense; The life journey of Bob Rodale?
Indiana Berry and Plant Company: Good and generous assortment of cucurbit seeds
Peaceful Valley: TBA
Johnny?s Seeds: TBA
Seeds of Change: TBA

Many thanks must also be given to local sponsors Estancia Cooperative Extension,
NM Farmer?s Market Association, Organic Commodity Commission, Edgewood Soil and
Water Conservation District and East Torrance Soil and Water Conservation
District. We still have some tentative sponsors and those that add sponsorship
will be listed in the conference program.

Only two changes to the conference schedule. John McMullin of Embudo Turkey Farm
will not be presenting. He has had a once on a lifetime opportunity offered to
him visiting Antarctica and has all my blessings on going on that adventure. He
will be speaking at one (or more) of the classes that will be held in
conjunction with the Farmer?s Market.

Replacing him is Theresa Gonzales Connaughton, newly elected President of the
Santa Fe Farmer?s Market Institute and wife of Martin Connaughton, owner of
Wilderness Flowers. She will be taking the 8am slot in Room B with the
presentation ?The role of Santa Fe Farmers Market Institute in Sustaining NM
agriculture?.

The 1 pm, Room B slot is being filled with longtime La Montanita produce manger
Dan Schuster. Look for an exciting announcement from Dan in the near future! His
presentation is ? From the Field to Your Pocket, Marketing for Profit?.

On the Farmer?s Market side of things, I?m organizing 5 trips throughout NM this
year. These are for the benefit of farmers participating in NM?s Farmer?s
Markets. If you have or know of a farm that would be a good location to visit,
let me know.

That?s it for now. Look for another update next Monday, as we get closer to this
awesome event.

Pat Maas
Moriarty Farmer?s Market Conference
505-832-1989