Title: FW: CSA's

Hi Allan et al,
I forwarded your post about csa’s referencing Robyn’s website to JP because he had just given me a little synopsis of how csa’s actually started. He should know, since he was one of the first few csa’s  to start in the northeast. He was trained as a biodynamic farmer, which included an anthroposophy education in the Netherlands. He gave me permission to forward his response to the list which follows:

JS

Hi Jane
An Important thing that most people either don't know or conveniently have forgotten is that Robyn was a trained Waldorf teacher and I assume well versed in the Threefold social order.  They (Robyn, John Root, Andrew Lorand, and other anthroposophist) employed two biodynamic trained farmers named Hugh Radcliffe and John Donovan, which ended in a falling out between Robyn and the farmers.  After all Robyn owned the farm and was able to terminate the relationship.  (so much for the community impulse people want to give her credit for).  John Donovan and Hugh Radcliffe started "Sunways" a few miles down the road and took a lot of the members with them.  It was pretty ugly and I assume this is why Robyn decided to rewrite the history on CSA given the roots of it to Japan.
Jean-Paul

------ End of Forwarded Message