From: Jean Paul Courtens

I missed this one and I should have read this one-first before I responded. It think it is important to understand that farming is all three; Free spiritual life is represented by the wisdom of the farmer.
The right sphere in the issues of who owns what right to what. Land, buildings, equipment, the right to farm the land, to develop it, to mine it, etc., etc. And lastly farming is very much part of the economic realm since the production of food is ultimately done for no other reason that to nourish people. The economic realm is there to create an environment where exchange can take place, and Steiner compares it to the heart and lungs and bloodsystem. In the end we are whole but if there wasn't a proper distribution system and the brain and senses would be deprived of nourishment and oxygen the organism would die. It is in every organ's interest to cooperate toward the well-being of the whole. But they have different tasks laid out for them just as the artist or monk is not providing the world with a direct economic value, it is as important as the brain is there to help us in guiding where we are going. I hope this helps. And please Allan don't despair, all we need to do is live these principles and then the rest will follow.
Jean-Paul