From: "Sarah Cherry" >

> Hi, Liz,
> I realized that the communication,
> feelings, energy flows or whatever you want to call it were different
> for "decay" when the plant was manifesting an insect problem than when
> it just needed water. Same with "growth". The forces in a well-ordered
> plant are perceptably very different than one which is bolting from too
> much of something.
Hi Sarah , Liz.
These energies that Sarah describes here are what some of us unfeeling and
mundane types measure with a brix meter via the plant sap. Low brix will
always leave plants exposed and susceptible to insect attack - sometimes we
get lucky and that does not manifest - but if the bugs are about they will
home in on those crops. Bolting crops, which to most farmers look healthy
with their dark green colour - you have low brix - and almost always an
oversupply of soluble nitrogen, which can just as easily come from too much
manure or even an overdose of compost. These crops grow vegetative bulk at
the expense of the fruiting impulse and for leaf crops we get the bitter
taste of excess nitrogen and lack of sugar, coupled with a low mineral
status. Frost damage in small grain crops comes hand in hand.
> One problem is that
> I'm not always sure what to do even after I understand what's wrong!
Foliar spraying can help enormously - but its important to measure a
favourable response to the material you would like to apply, and there are
many suitable natural ones, that can be either used as is or added to a
"brew". The plants will tell you via the brix response, whether or not they
like what you are doing. There are some on the list who are able to use the
BD preps in a corrective manner to bring these things back into balance, and
I guess a few who have things cranked up to the stage where there is no
problem. If you can feel or sense these energies thats fine but many are
unable, or lack the confidence, so use of a brix meter allows us to measure
the physical manifestation. Hugh Lovel tells us he chews and tastes the
sap - I like this approach - same system , different instrument.
Of course all of this is dependent on a basic understanding of
photoshythesis and the cylical nature of plant sap brix in relation to
weather conditions. We are tapping into the lifestream of the plant, its not
a static thing.
Cheers all
Lloyd Charles