Gil Robertson wrote:

Re: the rabbit bit. Have you made a Rae Card or a pepper for the beastie? I have tried all the Rates used in the UK, but with no joy in Oz. The rabbit looks to be the same, but I have not managed to send them to the neighbors.

I am reluctant to push the rabbits on to immediately neighbouring properties which already have severe problems of their own to contend with. Notwithstanding Lloyd's positive remarks about the Dalgety area, the extended results of lack of rain, overgrazing and invasive weed are very evident in reducing soil quality and growth patterns - and this land is marginal to begin with.

Initially we are working on changing the energy of the farm to cut down on breeding rates. This approach was tested last year with favourable results on a part of the property isolated from the remainder.

Roger