Dear Lloyd,
Even although it appears from the purist philosophical base of dyed in the wool BD farmers, that there has been a catastrophy from the use of Superphosphate in the comparative trials of the TSR at Dalgetty I feel that what has happened opens the scope of the trials. It must be remembered that this is a long term trial. It is not just what happens in the first year.
There is ample documentation (I hope) and photographsof the area at different stages. There is also abuot 50 soil samples from different areas of the block which were taken at the commencement of the trial
What is important, in the light of the problems in the EUof using animal sheaves, is that the radionic preps have performed  equal to if not better than the conventionallly sprayed and stirred BD preps.
During a visit to the trial just prior to the  pasture sowing it was commented by Project Coordinator that she observed noticeable differences between the different trials. It was quite obvious that the BD had outperformed the other trials and that there was a marked difference between conventional v BD.
My opinion is that  Superphosphate or rock phosphate would be beneficial to the land. When the protocols for the trial were being discussed I mentioned that it would be interesting to have a small test strip to test the effects of different additions such as Phosphorus, Zinc or/and Copper. This will probably be done in the second year.
A further 550 acre trial is being conducted at  Dalgetty on a property which is generally considered to be the worst on the Monaro.
other trials that are programmed for this summer are:
  • Aerial spraying of 25000 litres of radionically potentised pig pepper in the New England grazing country: and
  • Aerial spraying of  radionically prepared St Johns Wort pepper to further test the use of weed peppers. This will be sprayed in strips so we should be able to observe what happens.
Weed peppers lend themselves to broadacre spraying because they are species specific and non toxic to stock.
We certainly live in interesting times in Australia these days.
James Hedley

Lloyd Charles wrote:
Hi Roger
                Boy is this feller a goose !  You have three paddocks ? The
BD area is 20 hectares , compost 10 ha and conventional 10 ha - so he
"inadvertantly" applies not only twice the amount to twice the area , he
puts it on the wrong patch as well - hope nobody paid him for the days work!
              Yeah!  I know you said sane and constructive but these
accidents just seem to keep happening.

Sane and Constructive ----
        According to what he wrote in his lectures Alex Podolinsky was quite
prepared to allow small dressings of single superphosphate to kick start run
down soils going into BD, only on a one off basis, He said we might need to
provide a soluble feed for the first season (my wording) then rock phosphate
would take over as the microbial life got into gear, P A Yeomans - probably
Australias greatest soil man - also used small quantities of super and lime
in similar fashion once only to get things going, this guy turned some
horrid shale and slate country into wonderful pasture. OK these guys were
using less than you have had spread but there's no choice about that.
         Along with the cadmium, lead, and mercury, you do get some nice
sulphur and a little available calcium coming in with the phosphorus, all of
which would probably show low on a soil test there?.
        Hopefully you have plenty of photos and a written report on the
status of the plots up until the accident?
some points
1. make sure that the conventional treatment definitely got at least an
equivalent dose of super so that the comparison is still valid between BD
and it
2 . Ban the perpetrator from the site before he causes any more havoc.
3. try to do some soil and tissue tests to show the difference in
availability of nutrients between the two systems - you might be pleasantly
surprised.
4. If Glyphosphate is used on the conventional area try to leave a small
untreated test, and compare microbial indicators, tendency to crust, extra
drying of the soil surface. And if there is a reasonable amount of green
material sprayed and incorporated at seeding look very closely for reduced
germination and emergence where the greenery was thickest I guarantee you
will be unpleasantly surprised on all counts (or some of the farmers will be
anyway).
Cant think of anything else at the moment - its a shame and potentially a
waste of money and time but no going back so you may as well get something
from it.
Cheers
Lloyd Charles

1