On Oct 13, 2013 6:51 PM, <coate...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  It seems maybe some of us stepped into the deep end of the pool too
quickly.

>  I can always set the BBB aside while I learn the basics on an easier
platform, thats not a problem.

>  Which development board would you recommend for someone brand new to
entire embedded Linux stuff? I think it would be easier to learn from the
beginning, and work my way up to the BBB.

>  Thank you.

Seriously .... you already have it!  Nothing else has the support of the
community etc.  Maybe the Raspberry Pi, but it is the new kid on the block
and some documentation is proprietary so what you have is as open as it
gets.  You have to start eating the elephant a bit at a time.  After you
have dug a bit ... ask questions.  Look around the elinux site, get on IRC
etc.  You aren't going to find some book that contains all you seek.  If
that is what you are looking for then you need to be messing with Microsoft
style OS.

You have to dig and figure things out and ask questions.  I've been doing
Linux since the start and still feel like a babe in some areas (some would
say all areas).

You are right, you are in a big pool.  Swim!  There are tons of folks in
the water with you!

Regards,

Brian