> sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off
>
> Thanks, it appears this device does not support that:

kurt@arm:~/Raspberry_Pi/Phoenix$ sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off
Error for wireless request "Set Power Management" (8B2C) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.

On other note, looking back up where I used to get information about
setting up ttyO1...
    http://blog.pignology.net/2013/05/getting-uart2-devttyo1-working-on.html

It looks like since I last did this, there was another way (Angstrom), by
adding the info to:
 "just add you BB-UART2 to /media/BEAGLEBONE/uEnv.txt, with the key
capemgr.enable_partno."

with This Debian build my /media directory is empty.  Should creating this
directory and file work here as well?  The only place on my machine I found
uEnv.txt is in the /boot/uboot directory.

Or should I try the way I was doing before, something like:
*echo uart2pinmux > $SLOTS*where $slots was defined earlier on as
*: *
     export PINS=/sys/kernel/debug/pinctrl/44e10800.pinmux/pins
     export SLOTS=/sys/devices/bone_capemgr.9/slots
(the .9 sometimes changes, earlier I had .8)

Probably the easiest thing for me to do is to try it out and see what
happens.