I just looked at my settings for connman and they do not appear to be
correct.

[ /net/connman/service/ethernet_9059af6b1cec_cable ]
    IPv6.Configuration = { Method=auto Privacy=disabled }
    AutoConnect = true
    Name = Wired
    Nameservers = [  ]
    Provider = { }
    Favorite = true
    Domains.Configuration = [ ]
    Timeservers.Configuration = dbus.Array([],
signature=dbus.Signature('s'), variant_level=1)
    State = ready
    Proxy = { Method=direct }
    Nameservers.Configuration = [  ]
    IPv4 = { Netmask=255.255.0.0 Method=dhcp Address=169.254.35.27 }
    Timeservers = dbus.Array([], signature=dbus.Signature('s'),
variant_level=1)
    IPv6 = { }
    Domains = [ ]
    Ethernet = { Interface=eth0 MTU=1500 Method=auto Address=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
}
    Security = [ ]
    Proxy.Configuration = { }
    Type = ethernet
    Immutable = false
    IPv4.Configuration = { Method=dhcp }

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:51 PM, hacktorious <scottma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So far after spending 4 days trying to get my BBB connected to the
> internet I still have not had any success.  Shouldn't I just be able to
> plug in my network cable, turn the BBB on and have internet access as I
> would on any other device?  I plugged in my RPi and it immediately obtained
> an ip address and had internet access.
>
> Why on earth is my BBB obtaining an ip from an external source when
> connected via eth0???
>
> Internally dhcp is distributing 192.168 something, but the BBB is getting
> 169. something.  I'm not able to get internet access from the BBB, but if I
> visit the ip address I can see my BBB's website........ WTF?????  This is
> total insanity!!!
>
> Any suggestions????

Scott A. Macri
Senior Software Engineer