This sounds like an issue that some other people are having. Take a look at
the postings with a subject of "BeagleBone Rev. A4 ethernet
issue<http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=e55f5117%2de59e%2d4d4e%2d9673%2d5d416bc6a1c4%5f%5f32795.8999936984%241327625928%24gmane%24org%40c6g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>
"