On 07/02/14 22:07, Scott Macri wrote:
> To me that seems like something that is being done by the usb connection.  Is
> it possible the usb is disrupting the cat5 connection?

It shouldn't. The USB RNDIS gadget interface and the actual RJ45 ethernet
interface are totally seperate. There's no reason for them to conflict.

As with anything else, there could be a bug or misconfiguration causing it.

My suggestion would be to get a proper serial console connected to J1, don't
connect anything to USB/P4. Connect to your network via the RJ45 connector
only. That should eliminate any possible conflict.

If you still have problems then you need to do all the normal things like
verifying the network cable works, that your router is handing out IP
addresses via DHCP etc.

If all else fails, it might be worth trying one of Robert Nelsons Debian images.
Details here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user/61900