On 13/02/14 05:20, Mark Hatch wrote:
Wow! I think I got it to work.
I did some stuff that I'm not totally sure is correct, but it appears to have worked!!!

bitbake -c clean virtual/kernel
bitbake -c -f virtual/kernel

this gave uImage and modules.tgz, where modules is lib/ folder

//Make copy of old image
root@beaglebone cp /boot/uImage /boot/uImage.old

//Copy new image
host# scp uImage root@192.168.1.3:/boot/uImage

//Copy modules
host# scp lib root@192.168.1.3:/ -r

//Install modules a
root@beaglebone depmod -a
root@beaglebone reboot

Now I was able to run my iptable command and it seems to have worked! (It went through, before I'd get an error message)

So the rootfs and the uImage are completely separated? Cause it doesn't appear that a rootfs was built and I didn't change it? I'm still a noob at this linux stuff...
The kernel image and root files system are separate items. You can upgrade the kernel and copy it to the existing root files system. If you upgrade the kernel it is usual to to upgrade the device modules as well.

Should my process have even worked???