Did you try with Eclipse? It is multi platform, and there is a nice youtube
tutorial video that show how to set it up for the BB.

Quite simple to cross compile, but not possible on the BB itself; Eclipse
just sit and cry if you run it on the IDE, even without loading the full
desktop (tried to just start X11).