On Wednesday, March 5, 2014 5:51:19 PM UTC-5, Jason Kridner wrote:

> The latest BeagleBone Debian images are now posted at:
> http://beagleboard.org/latest-images/
>
> I removed that adapter and plugged in an adapter I bought from Adafruit
> (and switched ra0 back to wlan0) and got the issue
> "rtl8192cu:_rtl92cu_init_power_on():<0-0> Failed to polling
> REG_APS_FSMCO[APFM_ONMAC] done!".

My Edimax rtl8192cu works out of the box, well, sort of… I'm getting
seemingly *horrible* packet loss with the adapter. I've got a Raspberry Pi
with the exact same adapter sitting directly next to it that has no issues.

*timb@woodpi* *~ $* iwconfig

wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:"Timothy & Star"  Nickname:"<WIFI@REALTEK>"

          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point:
60:33:4B:E8:18:AB

          Bit Rate:72.2 Mb/s   Sensitivity:0/0

          Retry:off   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off

          Power Management:off

          *Link Quality=100/100*  Signal level=75/100  Noise level=0/100

root@beaglebone:~# iwconfig

wlan2     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:"Timothy & Star"

          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point:
60:33:4B:E8:18:AB

          Bit Rate=72.2 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm

          Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr=2347 B   Fragment thr:off

          Encryption key:off

          Power Management:off

          *Link Quality=47/70*  Signal level=-63 dBm

Tons of "Invalid misc" errors on the BBB. I thought it might be the adapter
itself, but swapping the Pi's adapter for the BBB's yielded the same
results. I thought the Pi might be interfering with the signal somehow but
that's not the issue either. At least I can actually get this online,
unlike Angstrom…