> Jason and Robert: well done for this fine upgrade! Seems like a lot of
> things are really coming together very quickly.

Hardware: BBB A5C; OS Version: Linux beaglebone 3.8.13-bone41 #1 SMP Tue
Mar 4 22:51:47 UTC 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

Tried it last night and a lot of things are working well.
Cloud9 IDE debugging works perfectly for javascript. Just have to remember
to hit the > button to start the debug running.
I tried the python sample also, but could not get that to work. I'll
investigate more.

My trusty WNA1100 works out of the box with the addition of:
    wpa-ssid "MySSID"                    #SSID name
    wpa-psk  "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...xx" #PSK hex string
into /etc/network/interfaces under wlan0 section.
The Netgear WNA1100 (Atheros chipset) is indeed the most reliable Wifi
adapter I have found yet.

My UWN200 (which was very reliable under later Angstrom versions) now works
on debian after modifying the /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA directory name and
adding the wpa-ssid/wpa-psk to the ra0 section of /etc/network/interfaces.
However, I notice that the UWN200 pumps out a lot of DMESGs every 2 seconds
or so. I had the same problem in 3.8.13-bone40 after compiling the kernel
module from the Mediatek sources. I think there may be a debug flag turned
on in the driver config, causing the frequent DMESGs. I'll check this out
and see if they can be easily stopped.
The WNA1100 driver is very quiet in comparison.

I have a TP-Link TL WN725N lying around somewhere (Realtek chipset) that
I'll try out also. (I could not get this working reliably in Angstrom -
flung in a drawer somewhere!)

One question springs to mind: if I want to run the BBB as a headless server
with Node.js and Cloud9, is there anything I can remove from the installed
software packages that would be superfluous if I'm not using HDMI, lxde and
so on?

Thanks for all the effort. Great software to match Gerald's fine hardware!
-Eamonn