On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 4:09 PM,  <m...@zepler.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, 28 August 2014 21:56:50 UTC+1, RobertCNelson wrote:
>>
>> If you are really need the space, start out with the "console" flasher:
>>
>> http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#2014-08-19
>>
>> (200MB)
>>
>> Then:
>>
>> sudo apt-get update
>> sudo apt-get install nodejs nodejs-legacy npm
>>
> Now I'm getting really confused! I just followed the instructions on the
> 'latest images' page (http://beagleboard.org/latest-images). Do these apply
> only to rev C boards? It doesn't say. I did look for more recent images, but
> I find the information on elinux.org to be terse and opaque to the point of
> impenetrability. These are testing images, so presumably not stable? Why am
> I still referred to the 2014-05-14 image if this is known not to work?

"testing" =/= "unstable"

They are just snapshots of a continuously evolving "image".. At some
point, we will cut a new release based off these and then fully test
and put it on http://beagleboard.org/latest-images

> For my project, In addition to the standard OS & I need a node.js >=
> 0.10.22, plus bonescript (but used as a package, not as a server) gcc,
> libraries etc plus apache, but not cloud9, X-windows, or anything to do with
> video or sound. I have a rev C on back order, but I'd like to hope the rev B
> can be salvaged for this project.

Okay, follow my previous instructs and add:

npm install -g bonescript --arch=armhf

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/