Maybe check your power plug. There are many plugs that fit the socket on a
BBB, but some do not provide a reliable connection. The one you should be
using is having a spring-loaded central socket - see picture

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6GsrCWTQGm8/VAg0LNmyrjI/AAAAAAAAAAM/u9Zmu0JT_kU/s1600/628316725_827.jpg>

LP